Advanced Shielded Metal Arc Welder
Offered at the Following Campuses
The Advanced Shielded Metal Arc Welder Certificate is a 2 semester program. The certificate provides the student with basic knowledge and skills to obtain employment as an Advanced Shielded Metal Arc Welder. The certificate emphasizes horizontal, vertical, and overhead welding techniques. Completion of the Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welder Certificate is required before beginning this certificate.
The standard curriculum for the Advanced Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) certificate program is designed for the semester system. Students may only begin the program upon completion of the Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welder Certificate. The program generally takes 2 semesters to complete. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Submit a completed application;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.