Child Development Associate Preparation
Offered at the Following Campuses
The Early Childhood Care and Education CDA Preparation TCC (Child Development Associate Preparation) program is a four course sequence of courses designed to prepare students for the Child Development Associate national credential issued by the Council for Professional Recognition (out of Washington DC). The four courses in this TCC provide students with the knowledge and skills needed for the national credential and provide information on the development of the portfolio required of the Council.
The standard curriculum for the Child Development Associate Preparation certificate program is designed for the semester system. The certificate generally takes 1 to 2 semesters to complete. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 11 credit hours.
- Submit a completed application;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.