Automotive Chassis Technician Specialist
Offered at the Following Campus
The Automotive Chassis Technician Specialist certificate program provides students with skills needed to enter the automotive industry as an entry level chassis technician. Topics covered include: shop safety, basic electrical/electronic theory and diagnosis, chassis components and types, steering system components and service, alignment theory and procedures, and brake system operation, diagnosis and repair.
The standard curriculum for Automotive Chassis Technician Specialist certificate program is designed for the semester system. Students may enter the program in any semester term in which any of the four required courses are offered. The program may usually be completed in 1- 2 semester terms. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 17 credit hours.
- Submit a completed application;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.