Automotive Engine Performance Technician
Offered at the Following Campus
The Automotive Engine Performance Technician certificate program introduces students to the knowledge and skills they will need as entry level automotive engine performance technicians. Topics covered include: shop safety, electrical/electronics diagnosis, and diagnosis and service of fuel, ignition, emission and electronic engine controls.
The standard curriculum for Automotive Engine Performance Technician certificate program is designed for the semester system. Students may enter the program in any semester term in which any of the three required courses are offered. The program may be completed in as little as 1 semester and no more than 2 semesters to complete. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 16 credit hours.
- Submit a completed application;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.