Continuing a tradition started in 1954, Governor Nathan Deal recently issued a proclamation formally recognizing Monday, November 11, 2013, as "Veterans Day in Georgia."
Thank you to all veterans!
Because of its efforts to serve the educational needs of servicemembers and their family members, Southeastern Technical College has been designated a Servicemembers Opportunity College. As a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges, Southeastern Technical College has committed itself fully to support and comply with SOC principles and criteria. Through this commitment, Southeastern Technical College ensures that:
- Servicemembers and their family members share in the postsecondary educational opportunities available to other citizens;
- Servicemembers and their family members are provided with appropriately accredited educational programs, courses, and services;
- Flexibility of programs and procedures, particularly in admissions, counseling, credit transfer, course articulations, recognition of nontraditional learning experiences, scheduling, course format, and residency requirements, are provided to enhance access of servicemembers and their family members to undergraduate technical education programs.
Military personnel and their dependents who are stationed in Georgia must complete the following admission requirements:
- Submit a completed application and the $25 application fee to the campus you will be attending.
- Submit official transcripts from your high school and all colleges attended. High school transcripts from outside the United States should be evaluated by the document by document method and college transcripts from outside the United States should be evaluated by the course by course method. STC requires applicants to use one of the following independent evaluation services: Silny & Associates or World Educational Services. Information regarding this process is available from the Designated School Official (DSO) in the Admissions Office.
- Submit official scores from one of the following placement tests taken within the last 60 months: SAT, ACT, CPE, ASSET, or COMPASS.
Note: Military personnel and their dependents who are stationed in the state of Georgia, who meet all eligibility requirements, may qualify for the HOPE Grant. Additional financial aid programs including Pell, VA benefits, etc., may also be available to qualified applicants. Please refer to the Financial Aid section of our website for additional information.