The purpose of the ACCEL Program is to provide Georgia high school students with the opportunity to earn college degree-level credit hours at Southeastern Technical College, as they simultaneously meet their high school graduation requirements. This program offers high school students the option to begin working toward a college degree, while still pursuing a high school diploma. Hours taken under the ACCEL program will NOT count against the HOPE cap hours.
What are the admission requirements?
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Be classified as a junior or senior.
- Must be enrolled in a public or private eligible high school in Georgia, or be enrolled in an accredited or locally approved home study program. Please see www.doe.k12.ga.us for guidelines on home study programs.
- Submit completed STC application along with high school transcript.
- Be on track for high school graduation and approved by high school guidance counselor
- Submit completed online ACCEL application through GAcollege411.org.
- Must submit satisfactory SAT test scores
- SAT: Combined 970 with at least 480 Critical Reading/Verbal and 440 Math
How do I enroll?
See your high school guidance counselor or contact us for the necessary application forms and information on the ACCEL program.
What does it cost?
ACCEL covers tuition only up to 15 hours of course work. Students will be responsible for all supply and book charges. ACCEL will not cover any costs beyond the coursework a student would normally have an opportunity to experience at the high school (i.e., six FTE segments, or 15 semester hours, for a full load at the Post-Secondary institution). Complete the online ACCEL Tuition Grant form located at: http://www.gacollege411.org/Financial_Aid_Planning/Scholarships/Grants_and_Scholarships/ Accel_Program.aspx.