November 13, 2023
The Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) announced the completion of its first cohort of the Senior Leadership Academy, a transformative professional development program aimed at advancing careers within TCSG and its 22 colleges. Brad Hart of Southeastern Technical College (STC) was among the graduates.
A graduation ceremony celebrated the achievements of 25 dedicated participants who have demonstrated exceptional leadership potential.
“I am truly honored to have been selected to participate in the Senior Leadership Academy through the TCSG. The insights gained from the senior-level TCSG staff and UGA’s Carl Vinson Institute of Government’s discussions on leadership qualities were invaluable. It was inspiring to explore the art of effective leadership, and it has certainly broadened my perspective on how to lead and inspire others,” said Hart, STC Director of Enrollment Services. “The knowledge acquired during these experiences has not only enriched my leadership skills but also expanded my horizons, making me eager to apply these newfound qualities and insights to my professional journey.”
“The Senior Leadership Academy represents our commitment to cultivating and empowering our own talent pool,” said TCSG Commissioner Greg Dozier. “We believe that investing in our staff’s professional development not only benefits our colleges, but also strengthens Georgia’s workforce development efforts.”
The Senior Leadership Academy is a flagship initiative of TCSG designed to identify, nurture, and equip leaders within the organization with the skills and knowledge required to excel in leadership roles. It is a year-long program divided into eight two-day sessions. The first cohort received 160 hours of content, including 18 hours of leadership training through the University of Georgia Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
“Through the Senior Leadership Academy, we are not just investing in our staff; we are investing in the future of technical education in Georgia,” said President of the Executive Leadership Academy and Talent Initiatives at TCSG, Dr. Alvetta Thomas. “These 25 graduates represent the vanguard of leadership excellence within the Technical College System of Georgia, and we are excited to see the positive impact they will have on our colleges and the communities we serve.”
Dr. Barry Dotson, Vice President for Student Affairs at Southeastern Tech, said, “Brad is already an accomplished leader at Southeastern Tech, where we strive to be the best college for our community. However, an organization can only grow by continually focusing on cultivating leadership at all levels. When I learned about this exciting program, Brad immediately came to mind as someone who exemplifies our commitment to developing leaders and would greatly benefit from and contribute to the program. By investing in leaders like Brad, we can ensure Southeastern Tech continues to thrive and serve our community for years to come.”
The Academy is designed to provide participants with a greater understanding of the operation and administrative functions of TCSG and its colleges such as strategic planning, data driven decision making, budgeting, student affairs, compliance, workforce development, and legal services, among others.
The first graduates of the Senior Leadership Academy are:
- Angela Davis, Albany Technical College
- Kristen Douglas, Athens Technical College
- Gail Edwards, Atlanta Technical College
- Christine Ball, Augusta Technical College
- Andrea Griner, Central Georgia Technical College
- Heather Pence, Chattahoochee Technical College
- Thomas Wesley, Coastal Pines Technical College
- Tara Askew, Columbus Technical College
- Elizabeth Anderson, Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- Cheree Williams, Georgia Piedmont Technical College
- Sonya McDaniel, Gwinnett Technical College
- Les Salter, Lanier Technical College
- Vinson Burdette, North Georgia Technical College
- Kim David, Oconee Fall Line Technical College
- Jeffery Davis, Ogeechee Technical College
- Tal Loos, Savannah Technical College
- Eulish Kinchens, South Georgia Technical College
- Brad Hart, Southeastern Technical College
- Stacy Acey, Southern Crescent Technical College
- Ross Cox, Southern Regional Technical College
- Nathalie Dames, TCSG
- Britney Singer-Walsh, TCSG
- Tim Bacon, TCSG
- Kristen Buoy, West Georgia Technical College
- Stevan Van Hook, Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
For more information on Southeastern Technical College, visit www.southeasterntech.edu.
Photo: Brad Hart, STC Director of Enrollment Services and TCSG Senior Leadership Academy Graduate