August 6, 2019
Lanier Technical College is accepting applications for Federal Work Study Peer Tutors on the Hall and Forsyth Campuses during evening hours.
Peer tutors will
- attend an orientation and good practice session
- assist fellow students with English grammar, usage, punctuation, mechanics, and essay development
- reinforce knowledge and skills presented in their English courses
- maintain tutoring session reports
- Must have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid on file for the 18-19 aid year.
- Must be registered for the current term, and must meet satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Applicants should be neat in appearance and possess the ability to work well with others.
- Applicants must be dependable, punctual, and be able to work the required hours each week.
- As with all LTC employees, a background investigation is required which may include, but is not limited to, a review and/or verification of criminal history records, motor/vehicle driver’s history records, employment history, references, etc.
- Earned credit in ENGL 1101 AND either ENGL 1102 or ENGL 2130 (A preferred; B minimum)
- Strong writing sample (original or from completed English coursework)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
20 hours per week at $8.50 per hour.
Open until filled.
If you are interested in this position fill out the Federal Work Study Application and return it to the financial aid office.